So, I am not the most graceful of people. I danced when I was little because that is what little girls are supposed to do, not because I had any particular talent.
I am also not what you would call a morning person. Anyone who truly knows me, knows that I am not really awake till about 9:30. I can make do and function within my classroom, but I am not little miss sunshine and I am not really all that aware of the world around me.
I tell you all this to help you understand my happy morning at school today.
I had what we call "triage" at school today. Basically that means that I have door duty and have to joyfully greet children as they walk through the door at 7:30am. Well, Thursday is Bagel day at school and I wasn't going to miss my bagel because I had to greet kids. So, I jetted off to the cafeteria for my bagel with peanut butter (yum) and hurried to be upstairs on time. On my way up the stairs (while holding my bagel and a big cup of oj), I greeted children happily like I was really awake and glad to be up and around at 7:30am.
Then it happened...
My gracefullness and my lack of awareness caught up with me and bit me in the butt.
I tripped (over nothing)
And fell
HARD
Luckily I caught myself
On my chin
Three hours later I had sticky hair from the oj, a second visit to the er (it is starting to feel like home), and 7 brand new stiches in my chin.
Junior was fine, other than kicking really hard because he was annoyed that I didn't actually get to eat my bagel or drink my orange juice.
11.09.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
7 stitches!! How did the chin become involved...did you hold on to the bagel? Geeez, I hope you're ok and not to sore from that fall. Good luck, and be more careful. Love ya!
The chin is what hit first, and yes I held on to the bagel but it was covered in orange juice!
I am now under strict instructions that I am to hold the railing whenever I am walking up stairs:)
Wow! Your name is now 'Grace' :) I'm so glad that everything is okay. My Mom tripped over a yellow line in the parking lot while VERY pregnant with Kyle. It was traumatic for her at the time, but I guess he's turned out okay! I miss you and can't wait to see you at Christmas!! I'll be home the Friday night before Christmas and all the next week. Yeah! We will DEFINITELY see each other this trip!! Love you!
Post a Comment