In a few days Max will be 11 months. We will be enjoying our last month of a baby. Soon we will officially have a "toddler". It seems crazy to me that a year ago, I was still caring for my baby boy in me and now he is almost walking, very clearly talking (by clearly, I mean clearly to Lane and I) and he has developed his very own, unique personality. Being me, I am obsessing a little(or a lot) over first birthday plans, milestones he should be meeting, and certain things we should be giving up, like the bottle. My mother, in her tactful way, told me to calm down and enjoy these last few staples of babyhood. Sometimes I am in such a hurry for Max to meet the next milestone, I don't take time to enjoy where he is at right now.
So, let me introduce you to the wonderful world of Maddox at 10 almost 11 months.
- He is a good sleeper. He has his moments where he wakes up, but he is getting really good at soothing himself. Last Sunday, Lane and I woke to the beautiful sound of him singing himself back to sleep. Is there anything better than that?
- He loves his Mama, but in his heart he is a true daddy's boy. He saves his best and most beautiful smile for the moment his "dadadadada" walks through the door each evening.
- He is a true man. He already laughs at farts and burps. He also loves to eat. I can only imagine our pantry when he hits his teenage years.
- He is almost walking. In fact, if he trusted himself a little more he would be walking. He cruises like an expert and loves to walk holding your hand.
- He has the best laugh. His laugh can take any day and make it better. He loves to be tickled and he laughs his hardest when his daddy chases him.
- He loves trucks. Lane's friend Dusty and his wife Kenzie got him a big dump truck for Christmas and Max loves to push it around and he even says "vroom"!
- He is obsessed with our cats, pulling the cords to turn fans and lights on, and anything you are eating.
- He makes my day. I love my job and I love my 19 students. But nothing beats the moment when I pick Max up from daycare. No matter what type of day I have had, he makes it better.
- He is the light of our lives, he makes us laugh in ways we didn't know were possible, he makes us smile when everything else is hard, he helps us appreciate things like red wagons and warm winter days. Every day he changes and becomes a little more like a "kid" and a little less our baby.
God gave us the roller coaster that is Maddox. Somedays it makes for an interesting ride, but there is no amount of money you could pay me to give up even one of those days.
2 comments:
I just love his reflective expressions. So sweet.
you brought some tears outta me! I love this post. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment