7.08.2008

An Artist Gives

Catie Knight (found here) is a fellow Oklahoma girl who we didn't have the fortune of knowing until we moved to Kansas City.  Her husband Robbie and her are an important part of our Kansas Family and we have relied on their friendship and support many times.  

When Catie came to visit on the 4th of July she surprised us with a beautiful painting.  It has Lane and I holding hands that are bound by a piece of string.  At the end of the string is a heart which is inscribed with Max's name.  Behind us on a wall are words that were spoken on the day of Max's baptism.  It is a beautiful and meaningful piece of art and it makes my heart smile every time I look at it hanging on the wall.  

The talent and artistry that Catie possesses allowed her to create for us a precious gift.   She is a true artist and like a true artist she embodies this quote I found: 

An artist gives. Gives visually, gives through courses, or with free advice, through generosity of spirit and through a need to share.

Thank you Catie for being generous with the gifts God has blessed you with.  We LOVE the painting!  Here is a photograph of her beautiful work (the photograph doesn't do it justice, but I thought it would be rude to talk about it and not show it).

1 comment:

catie said...

Thanks for the kind words Laura! I am glad you like it. So happy you made it out last night...despite the boy's bedtime. : )