We have been in the holiday spirit at the Nelson household. Max has been an excited participant in Christmas until it came time to get dressed up and take a picture in front of the tree. Only two things made the situation bearable for him: the tie had trains on it which is quickly becoming a requirement for any piece of clothing Max wears, and we gave him candy if he stood in front of the tree and at least acted like he was happy about taking a picture!
We wrote Max's letter to Santa on Sunday. I admit, I got a little teary eyed as I was writing the words he told me. I can't believe our little baby is almost three. He has quite a wish list for Santa, but I'm pretty sure he will get all his little heart desires. My favorite part of the letter: when asked what else he wanted to tell Santa, Max replied, "I want to hug him!". Too sweet. We will see if he actually does want to hug him when we meet Santa on Tuesday at Lane's office party. Last year, I had to be part of the Santa picture because Max is automatically distrustful of anybody in a beard!
Christmas season so far has been a blessed experience seeing it through the eyes of our joyful two year old. He loves all things Christmas tree, Santa, and wrapping paper. In fact right now he is tearing up scraps of wrapping paper and I think I'll stop typing this blog and go help him turn his scraps into something crafty and fun! I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful time of the year, I know I am!
1 comment:
He is so cute! I love these pics. It was so good to see you in OK over Thanksgiving! Love you!
Post a Comment