11.05.2010

Baby 2.0 Thoughts

It is a strange experience being pregnant for the second time. Part of me feels like I should already know all the answers, part of me is totally more relaxed than I was the first time, and part of me feels like this IS the first time.

Does that make any sense? In my pregnant brain it makes sense, but that doesn't really mean much.

I am 14 weeks. That means there are only 26 weeks to go. I feel like I should be doing something to get ready, but for the most part I am just concentrating on trying to feel less like puking and more like playing with my 3 year old.

Speaking of the 3 year old. He asked for a baby yesterday, and he was pretty sure we could get it from the pet store. Although we haven't told Max yet that we are having a baby, we haven't been completely quiet about the topic around him. He is no dummy and I am pretty sure he has picked up on something being different in our house. We are thinking we will tell him soon... whether soon is this weekend or soon is next month I don't know. It seems like a pretty abstract concept for a 3 year old to understand. Plus, he really wants an OLDER sibling... and I'm not sure I can make that happen for him :)


1 comment:

sandi d said...

many congrats!