I know logically that I have only a finite time to be pregnant. There is an inevitable conclusion, this child will come out. Right now though, it feels like I have been pregnant forever and will continue to be pregnant forever.
A few quick notes from my first grade students:
As I am skipping around the parking lot last week during recess, they formed a group behind me and asked"What are you doing Mrs. Nelson?" To which I replied "I'm trying to get the baby to come out!" To which one smart child replied "It doesn't work that way Mrs. Nelson!"
One of my loveliest students stood staring directly at my stomach and asked the question "Will your stomach get smaller when Junior comes out?" Oh goodness, I sure hope so.
I also had a conversation about names with my students a few months ago. While discussing the name possibilities of Max, Luke, James, etc. I had one student look at me as serious as can be and ask "But what if the baby is Chinese?" to which I replied, "Mr. Nelson will have some serious questions to ask me!"
Today, I was trying to squeeze my big ole belly(which we hope will get smaller) past a student and a door frame and I managed to catch my sweater on a nail. So, I ripped my sweater and to fix the hole I put a pink sticker on top of it. Which resulted in this question all day, "Do you know you have a sticker on your stomach?"
And at the beginning of the pregnancy I had one little gem ask "How did the baby get in there?" and I have been waiting and finally was asked the follow up question "How will the baby get out?" I have to say I'm not sure but I am ready for that to happen!
2.12.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment