2.22.2008

2 and 1

Today is Maddox's first birthday.  It is amazing that a year ago tonight I was holding a brand new baby in my arms and now I have a talking, walking toddler in my life!  Here are the top 2 events from this first year:

#2 Max is a walker.  With this new found skill comes a freedom and independence that truly transitioned him from baby to toddler.  He looks like a Frankenstein monster as he toddles around our house, but he is seriously the cutest Frankenstein monster I have ever seen!

#1 I guess it is only fitting that his actual birth be the highlight of his first year.  On February 21st I started laboring and 36 hours later we were blessed with the most beautiful boy I had ever seen.  It is a moment we will never forget and a moment that changed our lives forever.  God has given us an amazing gift in Maddox and we will always treasure the memories from this first year.

Happy Birthday sweet baby boy!  We will party hard tomorrow and be sure to post lots of birthday pictures!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birth day Max!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sebastian, Marta, and I all wish you a happy birthday and an awesome next year. Good luck Laura and Lane! :-)

Laresa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX! "Aunt Resa and Uncle Chris" love you so much and thank you for all of the joy you've brought to our lives this past year!

Lady and Tater said...

Happy Birthday to Max! I can't imagine how happy and excited you all are. congratulations!