This is something that absolutely frightens me and is something that if I could put off till Max was 5, I probably would. However, several things have occurred that signal the time is now:
1) Max knows when he has to go number 2 (by the way, I debated which was the best phrasing...pooh, bowel movement, poopie. Number 2 seemed the least immature). Also, he wants the diaper removed immediately following the production of said number.
2) He is very interested in the toilet and what we are doing when we have to go to the bathroom.
3) He is becoming increasingly more independent and likes to accomplish tasks on his own.
All these things say to me it might be a good time to start the process. With that in mind, we purchased several pairs of "big boy" underwear that Max is very excited about. We also got a step stool so he can get to the potty on his own and a new Lightening McQueen toilet seat Plus, I got chocolate (m&m's to be exact) because history has shown my child will do most anything for chocolate.
I also have made an elaborate chart for Max to place stickers when he is successful. It is complete with his name, robots, and ribbon to make it pretty. The ribbon might have been a little over the top, but it certainly made me happy to do it. And really, is there such a thing as too much ribbon?
4 comments:
good luck with the potty training. i'm sending lots of easy potty vibes your way. and the chart rocks. do tell how you make the ribbon like that and where did you get the robot stickers?
I put down a line of adhesive and then just twist and stick the ribbon. The robots were a 12x12 sheet of paper and I just cut them out. Easy potty vibes much needed.
MUCH needed.
good luck with the potty training!
awesome. you are so creative. so if i'm reading the chart right if max goes potty he gets yo gabba gabba?
go max!!!
Post a Comment