Tonight while my husband was out of the house enjoying a movie night with the boys, I enjoyed having the computer to myself.
Those who know my husband, know that this is a big deal... because when he is home he alway wants on the computer.
I spent the night using my time wisely. I had asked for and received ITunes gift cards for Xmas (thanks Mom). I have been using these to download songs that I would like to listen to during labor. I realize that as things progress and labor becomes more and more painful, I will most likely care less about the music. But, during all that early stuff that I hope to endure at home, music might make a big difference.
So, the point of this post (and there is a point) is I wanted to give you a small sampling of the songs I have chosen to entertain myself and give you the opportunity to suggest some songs.
Now, some might say I have terrible taste in music (yes my finger is pointing at you Mrs. Knight), but I prefer to say eclectic. So, any and all suggestions are welcome.
These are a few I have already chosen.
You Can Close Your Eyes - James Taylor
At Last - Etta James-
God Bless the Child - Billie Holiday
Love Stoned - Justin Timberlake
Godspeed - Dixie Chicks
Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Baby Mine - Bette Midler
Bye Bye Blackbird - Sammie Davis Jr.
Let me know what you think would be a soothing, fun, or appropriate tune for the impending arrival of Junior!
1.23.2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Eclectic is a good word. So far your selections sound great...except for that Timberlake fella for cryin' out loud. : )
Queen's "Under Pressure" may be an appropriate suggestion given the circumstances! catie
I am going to make a great suggestion. Yes Laura this is legit.
Cat Stevens "Here come my baby"
I love this song.
Anytime I want to destress, I'm all about Enya. I love the cd, Watermark, but all of them are really good. And, for the title of it, "Breathe" would be good, although that song does make me think about the bomb in the body on Greys Anatomy, so I'm not sure that would work, but I do LOVE that song!
Love ya!
Post a Comment