11.26.2008

Kansas City Turkey

Kansas City Turkey will taste as good as Oklahoma Turkey, right?

About 2 months ago I decided there was no way we were going home for Thanksgiving. It is late this year with less than a month till Christmas and it just seemed like too much traveling for the boy (not to mention his mom and dad).

So here it is the Wednesday before the big day and I'm a little sad. I have been on the phone with Gama (my mom) and Bop (Lane's mom) at least 4 times today and each time I have hung up I've wanted to shed a tear or two. I've been baking and getting things ready for the big meal tomorrow with a sense of melancholy. We are getting ready a traditional night before Thanksgiving pizza and I can't help but think how much better it would taste with the other Nelson Pizza Lovers (aka, Grandpa Ebe).

It seemed like a great idea at the time, not to travel. I am determined that by tomorrow I will be happy and I'm positive we will have a wonderful time at the Knight's home celebrating Thanksgiving.

But tonight, I'm a little sad.

No comments: