I go back and forth about getting ready for Lucy. Part of me feels like we have all the time in the world to prepare for her arrival. Part of me feels like we need to get things done now because May will be here in the blink of an eye.I went through all of Max's baby stuff. This brought supreme emotional turmoil. I am so excited for our baby girl's arrival. I'm excited for the love and joy she will bring into our little family. But, I am hit daily with the growth of my son; never more so than when going through his old baby clothes. He was at one time the baby kicking and squirming in my belly. He was the baby we were dreaming of and anticipating the impending arrival. Now he is an almost four year old who is delightful but becoming oh so grown up.
Looking at the clothes we brought him home from the hospital in created such an ache in my heart. I realized how quickly time is passing and wished for a moment I could hit pause and stay at this place forever.
I know this is an impossible wish, but I also know it is one all mother's experience when they look at their babies and see the adult that they will soon be. Is it melodramatic? Absolutely. But knowing that I'm being overly emotional and slightly irrational doesn't take away the sadness.
I love the boy Maddox Andrew is, but there are times I long for the baby he was. Soon, Lucy will be here and I cannot wait to savior those precious moments with her. I've learned all to well, that as cliche as it sounds, it will pass all too quickly.
No comments:
Post a Comment